The Personal finance society regions
Personal Finance Society regions are run by a dedicated group of member volunteers, and offer offer a programme of services, including;
- CPD seminars and workshops covering technical and market related topics
- Access to ‘soft’ and business skills sessions
- Social and business networking events
- Guidance on exam techniques and revision courses
- News and updates
- Volunteering opportunities
- Information on local exam centres
Each of the regions has its own committee and these are essential in maintaining the future growth and professional standing of the society. The committees are made up of volunteer members with the objective of supporting the society in achieving its objectives.
There are seven official regional committee positions that members can be Assigned to. Each region can have as many members in role as they deem necessary and can flex the role responsibilities to suit the specific needs of their region.
- Regional Chair – An advised three-year term post with overall responsibility for coordinating regional communications and activities. Chairs can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years; this can be extended at the discretion of the committee if there is no successor.
- Professional Qualifications Officer – An advised three-year term post focused on maximising the development, training and competency of members. The post-holder will need to be familiar with CII study, tutorial and examination facilities and will advocate professional development. Professional Qualifications Officers can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years.
- Membership Officer – An advised three-year term post focused on encouraging greater member participation in regional conferences and activities, together with the recruitment of new members and retention of existing ones. Membership officers can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years.
- New Professional’s Officer – The New Professional’s Officer will focus on activities that support and raise awareness of the Personal Finance Society proposition to members new to the profession (approx. sub 10 years). An advised three-year term post.
- Education Outreach Ambassador – The Education Outreach Ambassador will be responsible for promoting and helping to drive local member engagement with the My Personal Finance Skills programme, the pro bono initiative which aims to deliver financial awareness sessions in schools across the UK. The post-holder will support local participating members of the programme (‘Education Champions’), attend regional conferences and promote the programme widely as well as working closely with the CII Relationship Manager – Education.
- Chartered Champion – An advised three-year term post focused on promoting Chartered status and the ‘Road to Chartered’, as well as building professional relationships to put on and host educational events for Chartered members in your region. Chartered Champions can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years.
- SMP Advocate – An advised three-year term post committed to the raising of standards, demonstrating professionalism within the Mortgage sector and promoting and raising awareness of the Society of Mortgage Professionals brand to the public.